Liver Day Event
Join patients, families, caregivers, community organizations and those interested in liver health to discuss the importance of addressing liver disease in their communities.
Alabama State Capitol Steps (Main Event)
RSA Plaza Terrace (Luncheon)
Montgomery, AL 36104
October 25, 2022
9:30 AM to 12PM CT
Buildings Lighting Green for Liver Health
Listed alphabetically by city
- Mobile: RSA Battle House Tower, October 1, 2022
- Mobile: Trustmark Building, October 1, 2022
- Mobile: Van Antwerp Building, October 1, 2022
- Montgomery: RSA Tower Building, October 1, 2022
- Montgomery: RSA Systems Building, October 1, 2022
- Montgomery: RSA Dexter Avenue Building, October 1, 2022
- Tuscaloosa: City Hall, October 1-3, 2022
- Tuscaloosa: Intermodal Facility (Downtown Parking Deck), October 1-3, 2022
- Tuscaloosa: Foundation at Alberta Park, October 1-3, 2022
Liver Health Screenings
If you are uninsured and at risk you may be eligible for free screening. A listing of our partner sites offering screenings will be added to this page. Please check back or contact our free Helpline, 1-800-GO-LIVER/1-800-465-4837.
State Liver Disease Facts
- 966 Alabamians died of liver disease in 2020
- 508 Alabamians have liver cancer
- 73 liver transplants were performed in 2021 with 156 people currently on the waiting list and 24 people who died waiting.
- 13.1% of adults in Alabama have diabetes.
- 66.5% of adults are overweight or obese.
- 27.8% of adults have no leisure-time physical activity.
- 1 serving of fruit is consumed daily on average by adults in Alabama.
- 1.5 servings of vegetables are consumed daily on average by adults in Alabama.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2020). Chronic Liver Disease/Cirrhosis Mortality by State. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/liver_disease_mortality/liver_disease.htm
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2019). Cancer Statistics At a Glance. Retrieved from https://gis.cdc.gov/Cancer/USCS/#/AtAGlance/
- Organ Procurement & Transplantation Network. (2022). State Data. Retrieved from https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/data/view-data-reports/state-data/