Buildings Lighting Green for Liver Health
Listed alphabetically by city
- Homewood: Homewood City Hall, October 1
- Mobile: RSA Battle House Tower, October 1
- Mobile: RSA Trustmark Building, October 1
- Mobile: RSA Van Antwerp Building, October 1
- Mongomery: RSA Systems Building, October 1
- Montgomery: RSA Tower Building, October 1
- Montgomery: RSA Dexter Ave Building, October 1
- Tuscaloosa: Intermodal Facility, October 1-7
- Tuscaloosa: City Hall, October 1-7
- Tuscaloosa: Alberta Park Fountain, October 1-7
Check back later.
Liver Health Screenings
State Liver Disease Facts
- 966 Alabamians died of liver disease in 2020
- 508 Alabamians have liver cancer
- 73 liver transplants were performed in 2021 with 156 people currently on the waiting list and 24 people who died waiting.
- 13.1% of adults in Alabama have diabetes.
- 66.5% of adults are overweight or obese.
- 27.8% of adults have no leisure-time physical activity.
- 1 serving of fruit is consumed daily on average by adults in Alabama.
- 1.5 servings of vegetables are consumed daily on average by adults in Alabama.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2020). Chronic Liver Disease/Cirrhosis Mortality by State. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/liver_disease_mortality/liver_disease.htm
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2019). Cancer Statistics At a Glance. Retrieved from https://gis.cdc.gov/Cancer/USCS/#/AtAGlance/
- Organ Procurement & Transplantation Network. (2022). State Data. Retrieved from https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/data/view-data-reports/state-data/