Liver Day Event
Join patients, families, caregivers, community organizations and those interested in liver health to discuss the importance of addressing liver disease in their communities.
Florida State Capitol Building 400 (Main Event)
S Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL, 32399
Florida Coffee & Wine (Luncheon)
300 W. Pensacola Street
Tallahassee, FL 32301
October 27, 2022
9:30AM -12:00PM ET
Buildings Lighting Green for Liver Health
Listed alphabetically by city / Note: Date could be delayed due to Hurricane Ian
- Orlando: Astrogensis II Art Sculpture (South Orange Avenue and Church Street), October 1, 2022
- Orlando: Cedar of Lebanon Art Sculpture (Central Boulevard at Lake Eola Park), October 1, 2022
- Orlando: Global Convergence Art Sculpture (Central Boulevard and Magnolia Avenue), October 1, 2022
- Orlando: Take Flight Art Sculpture (Robinson Street at Lake Eola Park), October 1, 2022
- Orlando: Union Art Sculpture (Robinson Street and Eola Drive at Lake Eola Park, October 1, 2022
- Orlando: Amway Center Spire, October 1, 2022
- Orlando: Tower of Light Art Sculpture, October 1, 2022
- Orlando: Colonial Drive Overpass, October 1, 2022
- Orlando: Lake Eola Fountain, October 1, 2022
- Orlando: Orlando Sign, October 1, 2022
Liver Health Screenings
If you are uninsured and at risk you may be eligible for free screening. A listing of our partner sites offering screenings will be added to this page. Please check back or contact our free Helpline, 1-800-GO-LIVER/1-800-465-4837.
State Liver Disease Facts
- 3,738 Floridians died of liver disease in 2020
- 2,065 Floridians have liver cancer
- 385 liver transplants were performed in 2021 with 442 people currently on the waiting list and 49 people who died waiting.
- 9.5% of adults in Florida have diabetes.
- 63.4% of adults are overweight or obese.
- 25.8% of adults have no leisure-time physical activity.
- 1 serving of fruit is consumed daily on average by adults in Florida.
- 1.6 servings of vegetables are consumed daily on average by adults in Florida.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2020). Chronic Liver Disease/Cirrhosis Mortality by State. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/liver_disease_mortality/liver_disease.htm
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2019). Cancer Statistics At a Glance. Retrieved from https://gis.cdc.gov/Cancer/USCS/#/AtAGlance/
- Organ Procurement & Transplantation Network. (2022). State Data. Retrieved from https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/data/view-data-reports/state-data/