Downtown Tallahassee, FL 32303
April 1, 9 am – 5 pm
Buildings Lighting Green for Liver Health
Listed alphabetically by city
- Coral Gables: City Hall, October 1-5
- Fort Lauderdale: Bank of American Plaza at Las Olas City Centre
- Orlando: ICON Park Ferris Wheel, October 1
Check back later.
Liver Health Screenings
State Liver Disease Facts
- 3,738 Floridians died of liver disease in 2020
- 2,065 Floridians have liver cancer
- 385 liver transplants were performed in 2021 with 442 people currently on the waiting list and 49 people who died waiting.
- 9.5% of adults in Florida have diabetes.
- 63.4% of adults are overweight or obese.
- 25.8% of adults have no leisure-time physical activity.
- 1 serving of fruit is consumed daily on average by adults in Florida.
- 1.6 servings of vegetables are consumed daily on average by adults in Florida.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2020). Chronic Liver Disease/Cirrhosis Mortality by State. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/liver_disease_mortality/liver_disease.htm
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2019). Cancer Statistics At a Glance. Retrieved from https://gis.cdc.gov/Cancer/USCS/#/AtAGlance/
- Organ Procurement & Transplantation Network. (2022). State Data. Retrieved from https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/data/view-data-reports/state-data/