Buildings Lighting Green for Liver Health
Listed alphabetically by city
Rochester- Joseph A. Floreano Rochester Riverside Convention Center
Check back later.
Liver Health Screenings
If you are uninsured and at risk you may be eligible for free screening. A listing of our partner sites offering screenings will be added to this page. Please check back or contact our free Helpline, 1-800-GO-LIVER/1-800-465-4837.
State Liver Disease Facts
- 1,652 New Yorkers died of liver disease in 2020
- 2,235 New Yorkers have liver cancer
- 632 liver transplants were performed in 2021 with 635 people currently on the waiting list and 49 people who died waiting.
- 9.1% of adults in New York have diabetes.
- 63.1% of adults are overweight or obese.
- 25.2% of adults have no leisure-time physical activity.
- 1 serving of fruit is consumed daily on average by adults in New York.
- 1.6 servings of vegetables are consumed daily on average by adults in New York.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2020). Chronic Liver Disease/Cirrhosis Mortality by State. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/liver_disease_mortality/liver_disease.htm
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2019). Cancer Statistics At a Glance. Retrieved from https://gis.cdc.gov/Cancer/USCS/#/AtAGlance/
- Organ Procurement & Transplantation Network. (2022). State Data. Retrieved from https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/data/view-data-reports/state-data/