Whiskey, Wine, and Fire, November 4th, 4pm-9pm, Ballantyne’s Backyard, $59-$99 admission fee Charlotte – Whiskey, Wine & Fire Festival (whiskeywinefire.com)
Buildings Lighting Green for Liver Health
Liver Health Screenings
If you are uninsured and at risk you may be eligible for free screening. A listing of our partner sites offering screenings will be added to this page. Please check back or contact our free Helpline, 1-800-GO-LIVER/1-800-465-4837.
State Liver Disease Facts
- 1,879 North Carolinians died of liver disease in 2021
- 92 liver transplants were performed in 2023 with 107 people currently on the waiting list and 9 people who died waiting.
- 11.10% of adults in North Carolina have diabetes.
- 68.80% of adults are overweight or obese.
- 21.60% of adults have no leisure-time physical activity.
- 1 serving of fruit is consumed daily on average by adults in North Carolina
- 1.7 servings of vegetables are consumed daily on average by adults in North Carolina
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2021). Chronic Liver Disease/Cirrhosis Mortality by State. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/liver_disease_mortality/liver_disease.htm
- Organ Procurement & Transplantation Network. (2023). State Data. Retrieved from https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/data/view-data-reports/state-data/
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention. (2021). Chronic disease indicators: Comparison report. Retrieved from https://nccd.cdc.gov/CDI/rdPage.aspx?rdReport=DPH_CDI.ComparisonReport