Come see us at these upcoming educational events and learn more about fatty liver disease.
Fredericksburg Summer Trade Days
November 17-19, 9am-4pm
Fredericksburg, Sunday Farms
Fredericksburg Trade Days – Fredericksburg TX (fbgtradedays.com)
Liver Day Event
Join patients, families, caregivers, community organizations and those interested in liver health to discuss the importance of addressing liver disease in their communities.
Texas Department of State Health Services
201 W Howard Ln
Austin, TX 78753
October 25, 2022
11 AM to 2 PM
Buildings Lighting Green for Liver Health
Listed alphabetically by city
Liver Health Screenings
If you are uninsured and at risk you may be eligible for free screening. A listing of our partner sites offering screenings will be added to this page. Please check back or contact our free Helpline, 1-800-GO-LIVER/1-800-465-4837.
State Liver Disease Facts
- 4,930 Texans died of liver disease in 2020
- 3,726 Texans have liver cancer
- 845 liver transplants were performed in 2021 with 1,340 people currently on the waiting list and 125 people who died waiting.
- 12.1% of adults in Texas have diabetes.
- 70.2% of adults are overweight or obese.
- 25.4% of adults have no leisure-time physical activity.
- 1 serving of fruit is consumed daily on average by adults in Texas.
- 1.6 servings of vegetables are consumed daily on average by adults in Texas.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2020). Chronic Liver Disease/Cirrhosis Mortality by State. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/liver_disease_mortality/liver_disease.htm
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2019). Cancer Statistics At a Glance. Retrieved from https://gis.cdc.gov/Cancer/USCS/#/AtAGlance/
- Organ Procurement & Transplantation Network. (2022). State Data. Retrieved from https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/data/view-data-reports/state-data/