Liver Day Event
Join patients, families, caregivers, community organizations and those interested in liver health to discuss the importance of addressing liver disease in their communities.
Arizona Capitol Times Building (North Side)
1835 W. Adams Street
Phoenix, AZ 85007
October 27, 2022
10:30AM – 12:30PM local time
Buildings Lighting Green for Liver Health
Listed alphabetically by city
- Coolidge: Coolidge Water Tower, October 2022
- Eloy: Eloy Water Tower, October 2022
- Gilbert: Water Tower, October 29, 2022
- Phoenix: Banner University Medical Center Phoenix, Health Garden Statue, September 27 – October 31, 2022
- Phoenix: Phoenix Children’s Hospital, October 29, 2022
Governor’s Proclamation for Arizona declaring October as National Liver Awareness Month.
Liver Health Screenings
If you are uninsured and at risk you may be eligible for free screening. A listing of our partner sites offering screenings will be added to this page. Please check back or contact our free Helpline, 1-800-GO-LIVER/1-800-465-4837.
State Liver Disease Facts
- 1,431 Arizonans died of liver disease in 2020
- 706 Arizonans have liver cancer
- 317 liver transplants were performed in 2021 with 160 people currently on the waiting list and 86 people who died waiting.
- 9.8% of adults in Arizona have diabetes.
- 66.5% of adults are overweight or obese.
- 21.6% of adults have no leisure-time physical activity.
- 1 serving of fruit is consumed daily on average by adults in Arizona.
- 1.6 servings of vegetables are consumed daily on average by adults in Arizona.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2020). Chronic Liver Disease/Cirrhosis Mortality by State. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/liver_disease_mortality/liver_disease.htm
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2019). Cancer Statistics At a Glance. Retrieved from https://gis.cdc.gov/Cancer/USCS/#/AtAGlance/
- Organ Procurement & Transplantation Network. (2022). State Data. Retrieved from https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/data/view-data-reports/state-data/