Liver Day Event
Join patients, families, caregivers, community organizations and those interested in liver health to discuss the importance of addressing liver disease in their communities.
Kentucky State Capitol Building
700 Capital Avenue
Room 113-Capital Annex
Frankfort, KY 40601
October 27, 2022
9AM to 1PM ET
Buildings Lighting Green for Liver Health
Listed alphabetically by city
Liver Health Screenings
If you are uninsured and at risk you may be eligible for free testing. A listing of our partner sites offering testing will be added to this page. Please check back or contact our free Helpline, 1-800-GO-LIVER/1-800-465-4837.
State Liver Disease Facts
- 889 Kentuckians died of liver disease in 2020
- 482 Kentuckians have liver cancer
- 93 liver transplants were performed in 2021 with 140 people currently on the waiting list and 30 people who died waiting.
- 11.5% of adults in Kentucky have diabetes.
- 70.1% of adults are overweight or obese.
- 29.3% of adults have no leisure-time physical activity.
- 1 serving of fruit is consumed daily on average by adults in Kentucky.
- 1.6 servings of vegetables are consumed daily on average by adults in Kentucky.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2020). Chronic Liver Disease/Cirrhosis Mortality by State. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/liver_disease_mortality/liver_disease.htm
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2019). Cancer Statistics At a Glance. Retrieved from https://gis.cdc.gov/Cancer/USCS/#/AtAGlance/
- Organ Procurement & Transplantation Network. (2022). State Data. Retrieved from https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/data/view-data-reports/state-data/