Biloxi Seafood Festival, September 9th, 9am-9pm, Biloxi Town Green, $5 admission fee 42nd Annual Biloxi Seafood Festival – Sep 9, 2023 – Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce, Inc., MS (mscoastchamber.com)
Buildings Lighting Green for Liver Health
Liver Health Screenings
If you are uninsured and at risk you may be eligible for free screening. A listing of our partner sites offering screenings will be added to this page. Please check back or contact our free Helpline, 1-800-GO-LIVER/1-800-465-4837.
State Liver Disease Facts
- 630 Mississippians died of liver disease in 2021
- 17 liver transplants were performed in 2023 with 18 people currently on the waiting list and 0 people who died waiting.
- 13.7% of adults in Mississippi have diabetes.
- 72.9% of adults are overweight or obese.
- 30.90% of adults have no leisure-time physical activity.
- 1 serving of fruit is consumed daily on average by adults in Mississippi.
- 1.5 servings of vegetables are consumed daily on average by adults in Mississippi.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2021). Chronic Liver Disease/Cirrhosis Mortality by State. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/liver_disease_mortality/liver_disease.htm
- Organ Procurement & Transplantation Network. (2023). State Data. Retrieved from https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/data/view-data-reports/state-data/
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention. (2021). Chronic disease indicators: Comparison report. Retrieved from https://nccd.cdc.gov/CDI/rdPage.aspx?rdReport=DPH_CDI.ComparisonReport