Liver Day Event
Join patients, families, caregivers, community organizations and those interested in liver health to discuss the importance of addressing liver disease in their communities.
Ohio State Capitol Building
1 Capitol Square
Columbus Ohio, 43215
October 25, 2002
10AM to 1PM ET
Buildings Lighting Green for Liver Health
Listed alphabetically by city
- Cleveland: The Terminal Tower, October. 6, 2022
- Dublin: Dublin Bridge, October 1, 2022.
Liver Health Screenings
If you are uninsured and at risk you may be eligible for free testing. A listing of our partner sites offering testing will be added to this page. Please check back or contact our free Helpline, 1-800-GO-LIVER/1-800-465-4837.
State Liver Disease Facts
- 1,800 Ohioans died of liver disease in 2020
- 1,200 Ohioans have liver cancer
- 548 liver transplants were performed in 2021 with 405 people currently on the waiting list and 48 people who died waiting.
- 11% of adults in Ohio have diabetes.
- 68.7% of adults are overweight or obese.
- 23.5% of adults have no leisure-time physical activity.
- 1 serving of fruit is consumed daily on average by adults in Ohio.
- 1.6 servings of vegetables are consumed daily on average by adults in Ohio.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2020). Chronic Liver Disease/Cirrhosis Mortality by State. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/liver_disease_mortality/liver_disease.htm
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2019). Cancer Statistics At a Glance. Retrieved from https://gis.cdc.gov/Cancer/USCS/#/AtAGlance/
- Organ Procurement & Transplantation Network. (2022). State Data. Retrieved from https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/data/view-data-reports/state-data/