WV Minority Health Fair
1340 8th Ave
Huntington, WV 25701
Buildings Lighting Green for Liver Health
Listed alphabetically by city
- Charleston: Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center
Governor’s Proclamation for West Virginia declaring October as National Liver Awareness Month.
Liver Health Screenings
State Liver Disease Facts
- 389 West Virginians died of liver disease in 2020
- 206 West Virginians have liver cancer
- 13.2% of adults in West Virginia have diabetes.
- 70.5% of adults are overweight or obese.
- 27.4% of adults have no leisure-time physical activity.
- 1.4 serving of fruit is consumed daily on average by adults in West Virginia.
- 1.6 servings of vegetables are consumed daily on average by adults in West Virginia.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2020). Chronic Liver Disease/Cirrhosis Mortality by State. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/liver_disease_mortality/liver_disease.htm
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2019). Cancer Statistics At a Glance. Retrieved from https://gis.cdc.gov/Cancer/USCS/#/AtAGlance/
- Organ Procurement & Transplantation Network. (2022). State Data. Retrieved from https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/data/view-data-reports/state-data/